Friday, April 30, 2010

"Jonah Hex" Was A Childhood Favorite Of Mine And Now The Movie Trailer Is Here And Rocks!

Jonah Hex Poster

When I was growing up, I have to admit that at that time I didn't care much for comics featuring superheroes. Other than Superman and Batman, most of my comic book reading consisted of Sad Sack, Richie Rich, Archie, and horror comics although I can no longer remember their titles. The stepfather of one of my friends bought comics by the truckload (back then they were 12 cents each) and they got passed on to my friend who would always share. Any comics involving wars and westerns were brushed to the side, except for Jonah Hex.



I can no longer remember what attracted me to this comic about a scar-faced gunman other than the fact that his face was scarred and it reminded me of horror comics. Whatever the reason, I always tried to get my hands on the latest issue. I had almost forgotten those days until I heard that a Jonah Hex movie was going to be made and that Josh Brolin would be playing the lead. I hoped that they wouldn't screw this one up.

Watching this trailer makes me think that they didn't.

To clue you in on the story...

Jonah Hex is a scarred drifter and bounty hunter of last resort, a tough and stoic gunslinger who can track down anyone... and anything. Having survived death, Jonah's violent history is steeped in myth and legend, and has left him with one foot in the natural world and one on the "other side." His only human connection is with Lila, whose life in a brothel has left her with scars of her own. Jonah's past is about to catch up with him when the U.S. military makes him an offer he can't refuse: in exchange for his freedom from the warrants on his head, he must track down and stop the dangerous terrorist Quentin Turnbull. But Turnbull, who is gathering an army and preparing to unleash Hell, is also Jonah's oldest enemy and will stop at nothing until Jonah is dead.



Take a look at the trailer for yourself and tell me what you think.  Jonah Hex opens in theaters on June 19 and stars Josh Brolin, Megan Fox,  John Malkovich and Will Arnett.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Get The Official Blog-o-Rama Widget!

Keep up with all the latest info on the blog-o-rama by posting this to your blog or my space page. You can also scroll this widget to go directly to the latest article that you are interested in. Give it a try!

ShareThis