Monday, August 13, 2012

Back From The Dead

After taking more than a year off from posting, I am back.  For those who would visit my page and wonder why I disappeared from blogger without an explanation, I apologize.  The initial reason for my disappearance was the death of my computer and it really wasn't until December that I had one that was reliable. 

So, why wasn't I back nine months ago when I had a new computer?   The main reason, besides a lack of initiative, is that because of diabetes, I suffer from neuropathy in my hands and fingers which causes numbness and a tingling which makes it extremely difficult to type in the manner I was used to.  I didn't feel like I wanted to take the time to do something that I used to be able to do five times faster.

Another reason for not posting was that near the end of my last posts I was doing nothing more than posting information that you could find practically anywhere else, and sooner at that.  Most of the posts were nothing but movie trailers that were widely available everywhere, as you can tell by my very last post about MI: 4.  I figured if I was going to spend the time to make new posts, I would have to go in a different direction.

Lately, thanks to Netflix streaming and Amazon Prime streaming, I think I have found where I want this blog to go.   Both of them have a treasure trove of old, inobscure movies that have either been forgotten or never well known in the first place.  I'm not talking about just camp classics that have been rehashed by Elvira and Mystery Science Theater or your local late night horror host.

These will be reviews of all different movie genres from the 30's through the 70's and will be films that I hope readers will have an interest in and will take the time to check them out.

That being said, I hope you will visit in the near future for my first review.  Thanks for your loyalty in the past and I hope you will join me again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Get The Official Blog-o-Rama Widget!

Keep up with all the latest info on the blog-o-rama by posting this to your blog or my space page. You can also scroll this widget to go directly to the latest article that you are interested in. Give it a try!

ShareThis