Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Jay Leno Show Debuts With 18.4 Million Viewers. This Blogger Tells Nasty Critics To Go Blow!

Jay Leno's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.Image via Wikipedia

In case you weren't aware of it, the much anticipated debut of "The Jay Leno Show" premiered last night at 10 p.m. on NBC. A daring move by NBC keeps Jay Leno in their family by giving up five hours of prime time to Leno. This morning I read the reviews, and to say they were harsh was an understatement. This is nothing new as he has never been a media favorite. But, after having watched the show myself, I just wanted to say that these major TV critics, such as Robert Bianco from USA Today, can go blow. I enjoyed the show thoroughly. And to those who say that it is just a rehash of The Tonight Show, I say for crying out loud, give the show time. How do you pronounce judgement after just one episode? And considering that he was number one in late night over David Letterman, something that Conan O'Brian has failed to maintain, what is wrong if his show is modeled after what he was already successful at?

I personally found the show hilarious and was happy that I didn't have to stay up late or wait until the next day to see the show after I DVR'ed it. Of course I know that there is no way a nightly show can maintain those kinds of viewers. And I'm sure as lower ratings come in, the cutthroat critics will pounce on that. But, according to NBC execs, they only need a 1.5 million rating for the show to be successful. And of course the show will rise and fall according to what the nightly competition is and who the guest star is. Being taped daily makes the show the most timely program in Primetime.

If you didn't get to see the show, here it is from Hulu.Com.



I have no idea how long it will be up, so if you come to this article and the video is gone, I'm sure they will have other episodes posted. The opening night show had Jerry Seinfeld, Kanye West, Jay-Z, and Rihanna. The show took advantage of the scandal Kanye created on the MTV Video Awards when he interrupted Taylor Swift's acceptance speech.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Get The Official Blog-o-Rama Widget!

Keep up with all the latest info on the blog-o-rama by posting this to your blog or my space page. You can also scroll this widget to go directly to the latest article that you are interested in. Give it a try!

ShareThis