I have been waiting all summer for this game to come out, and in just a few more weeks it will be here. On November 11 everyone will be able to get their trigger happy fingers on it in just about every platform you would want it on (not only all next gen platforms, but also for PS2, DS and also for your PC.
Call of Duty is back, redefining war like you’ve never experienced before. Building on the Call of Duty 4®: Modern Warfare engine, Call of Duty: World at War immerses players into the most gritty and chaotic WWII combat ever experienced. Players band together to survive the most harrowing and climactic battles that led to the demise of the Axis powers on the European and Pacific fronts. The title offers an uncensored experience with unique enemies and combat variety, including Kamikaze fighters, ambush attacks, Banzai charges and cunning cover tactics, as well as explosive on-screen action through the all new four-player cooperative campaign. The addictive competitive multiplayer has also been enhanced with new infantry and vehicle-based action, a higher level cap, more weapons, and a host of new Perks, maps and challenges.
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC
- Harsh New Enemies, Environments and Tactics: Face off against ruthless and tactically advanced enemies that will stop at nothing to defend their homelands, from swamp ambushes and tree-top snipers to fearless Kamikaze attacks. Play as a U.S. Marine and Russian conscript across a variety of Pacific and European locations against the fearless Imperial Japanese and elite German soldiers in epic adrenaline-filled infantry, vehicle and airborne missions.
- Co-Op Campaign Mode, Call of Duty Style: For the first time in the franchise, Call of Duty: World at War introduces co-op play, bringing fresh meaning to “No One Fights Alone”. Campaign co-op features up to four-players online, or two-player local split-screen, allowing gamers to experience harrowing campaign missions together for greater camaraderie and tactical execution. Co-op mode incorporates innovative multiplayer components such as challenges, rankings and online stats for deeper re-playability and multiplayer experience bonuses. Co-op mode also features Competitive Co-Op that will show who is really the best player on your team.
- Enhanced Innovative Multiplayer: Call of Duty: World at War continues the addictive class-based multiplayer action the series is famous for. The addition of vehicle combat with tanks rounds out the highly-successful Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare multiplayer experience, and features such as persistent stats, player rankings, upgradeable weapons, squad-based gameplay, customizable classes and Perks, have been further enhanced to set a new standard in Call of Duty online warfare.
- The Authentic Call of Duty Experience: Built using the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine, Call of Duty: World at War utilizes cutting-edge technology including highly-detailed character models, self-shadowing, environmental lighting and amazing special effects to deliver jaw-dropping visuals. Depth of field, rim-lighting and texture-streaming technology bring the adrenaline-pumping combat to life, while physics-enabled battlefields and fire that spreads through environments realistically immerses players into the harrowing and dynamic combat.
- Addictive Multiplayer, Now on the Wii: Featuring intense, online multiplayer action using the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine. Bringing multiplayer to the Wii for the first time in the Call of Duty franchise, players will be able battle it out in a variety of game types, plus upgrade and customize characters by using Perks and completing challenges.
- Squadmate Mode: This single-screen cooperative mode lets players team up to play alongside friends and family. At any moment, a second Wii Remote can be activated, giving the second player their own aiming crosshair to provide cover and added firepower while fighting alongside their Squadmate.
- Wii Zapper Support: Fully supports Nintendo's innovative and unique Zapper controller through a customized game setting that allows the entire game, including multiplayer and Squadmate Mode, to be played with the Zapper. This customized setting adds a new way to play by incorporating unique gestures and button layouts that add to the Call of Duty experience.
- Combat-Look: Includes “Combat-Look” technology – as the player runs through the game's diverse environments and topographies, the vertical line of sight discreetly adapts to keep players focused on the battlefield without having to radically adjust for uphill/downhill grade variations in the terrain. This system still allows complete freedom and mobility for targeting and results in a smoother and more playable Wii experience than ever before.
Building on the success of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare for the Nintendo DS, developer n-Space returns with a game that delivers the grittiness and chaos of the American, British, and Russian campaigns into the player’s hands as you confront new and relentless enemies across the European and Pacific battlefields. Achieve victory in seven unique minigames, and battle your friends in Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and Hunter/Prey across 11 combat zones.
- Mini-Games: More than seven types of mini-games utilize the unique capabilities of the stylus and the dual screen interface. Players will transmit secret messages with Morse Code, disarm mines, parachute to safety, heal fellow soldiers and provide artillery support to achieve victory on some of the most chaotic battlefields in history.
- Multiplayer: Take the fight online in four-player Wireless and Wi-Fi Multiplayer action. With more than 10 maps available for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and Hunter/Prey, players can challenge their friends to a multiplayer match at any time. Up to four people can fight with or against one another, with access to a wide array of weaponry including the fan favorite MP44 machine gun.
PlayStation 2 - CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR – FINAL FRONTS
Developed exclusively for the PlayStationÒ2 computer entertainment system, this game offers a companion experience to Call of Duty: World at War, featuring its own unique set of missions, engagements and challenges that are set within the Pacific and European campaigns through many of the pivotal battles that led to the end of the world’s greatest war.
- The Pacific Theater: Fighting against a new enemy, the Imperial Japanese, the Americans must learn to deal with their more aggressive fighting techniques such as Banzai Charges, booby traps, and night assaults.
- New Weapons: Delivering the cinematic intensity and chaos that the franchise is known for, Call of Duty: World at War - Final Fronts challenges players to harness the power of new weapons like the flamethrower – the weapon of choice for fighting in tight and confined spaces.
Three Campaigns: Featuring 13 missions and three campaigns, fight as a member of the 2nd Marine Division in the Pacific, the 6th British Airborne on the banks of the Rhine, or the 80th Infantry in Bastogne. Engage in multiple mission types including infantry, infiltration, sniper, large scale assaults, night fighting, and tank assaults.
Here is what a few of the gaming web sites had to say about the new Call Of Duty:
"If you're looking for a killer app to justify buying that surround sound stereo system for your PC or your television this would certainly qualify, as the audio effects and mixing are superb."
"This is a different depiction of World War II from what we've all previously seen. It's a little more brutal, a little more grisly, and generally more realistic in the way it portrays the horrors of war. It's clear this isn't quite the same World War II we've come to expect."
"Call of Duty: World at War looks truly different. While it’s still a World War II FPS, it has new enemies that react differently and, as Treyarch and their war researchers repeatedly say, entirely different battles."
"Also evident is Treyarch's attempt to make the experience non-linear, offering what seemed like multiple paths to objectives. Aside from some narrow jungle spaces, most of the areas in this World at War demo were wide open, giving the player plenty of choices to get around."
"Using the same engine as Call of Duty 4, World at War looked predictably sharp. Light beams shining through the dense jungle and other whiz-bang explosions were on display. Speaking of that jungle, the soldiers wore camouflage that seemed to blend in even better than Solid Snake, a nice touch."
• OFFICIAL LINKS •
I'll be adding more videos and photos in the next few days so keep watching for them. In the meantime, preorder your game at Amazon.