Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How Notorious is "Notorious"? Movie To Open January '09.

If you knew me, and my disdain for gangsta rap, as well as biographies about dead celebrities, you would say that I have no interest in seeing this movie about the life of Notorious B.I.G.,  the rap singer who was gunned down not too long after Tupac Shakur.  I remember at the time it being rumored that BIG was in some way involved in the death of Shakur.  In this case I would have to say that the trailer on this one piqued my interest and that if I don't make it to the theater it will definitely be on my dvd list. 

TrailerAddict.Com gives this description of the film:

Notorious is about the life of rapper Christopher Wallace a.k.a. The Notorious B.I.G. In just a few short years, The Notorious B.I.G. rose from the streets of Brooklyn to become one of the most influential hip hop artists of all time. B.I.G. was a gifted storyteller; his narratives about violent life on the streets were told with a gritty, objective realism that won him enormous respect and credibility. His stories were universal and gave a voice to his generation.

Besides the trailer, I remember thinking what a turkey several years ago "Selena", starring J-Lo would be and who would want to see a movie about a young dead Latina singer other than Latinos.   Of course, when I saw it (probably on HBO or the like), I found out that there is a lot going for these movies, and that would later include "Walk The Line", the movie about Johnny Cash. 

The point is, just because it doesn't reflect your type of music or even the genre of films that you like, sometimes you can be pleasantly surprised.  I think that will be the case with "Notorious". 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Get The Official Blog-o-Rama Widget!

Keep up with all the latest info on the blog-o-rama by posting this to your blog or my space page. You can also scroll this widget to go directly to the latest article that you are interested in. Give it a try!

ShareThis