Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway will be the 3rd entry in the Brothers in Arms series of video games. It will see players reprise the role of Sergeant Matt Baker, a soldier of the 101st Airborne Division, during
Operation Market Garden in the late stages of World War II. Gearbox has set its sights on a March 2007 release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. The game has many new features, including the ability to command a further squad, from a selection of new specialized units (Bazooka Teams, Machine Guns teams, Mortar Teams, as well as Radio Teams with which to call in artillery support). The game uses a unique first person perspective, in which the camera is placed within the head of a third person model.
A few more interesting details about the game:
- Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway - Next Generation: The classic authentic, squad-based combat series explodes on next-generation hardware, offering unprecedented graphics and features.
- New Story, New Setting: Follow Matt Baker, Joe Hartsock and the rest of the 101st Airborne Division in "Operation Market-Garden" as they fight to open famous "Hell's Highway" in a daring bid for a quick end to the war.
- Live the life of an Enlisted Man: Get orders from HQ, go on patrol, spot the enemy and set up a devastating ambush. For the first time, finding the enemy before they find you is part of the challenge.
- Unprecedented Character Design: Lifelike characters look, talk, move and think with incredible realism. Game characters interact with the player and each other like true brothers in arms, trading ammunition, helping wounded allies and civilians, working together to man team-operated weapons, and more.
- Rich Cinematic Experience: As the squad leader, you interact with and get to know your brothers. Each character has his own personality, unique story and background, and grows through the game.
- Powerful New Units Under Your Command: Players can use or command combined arms teams - machine gun crews create intense fire, bazooka crews destroy buildings and tanks, and mortar crews pound the enemy from a distance.
- Step Into the Boots of a Soldier: Hit the dirt and get prone, rip grenades from your chest and hurl them at your enemies. See and feel the blast of nearby explosions.
- Completely New Multiplayer Experience: Fight major multiplayer battles with dozens of players on each side; all the intensity and accessibility of Deathmatch meshed with the squad-based gameplay that helped make Brothers In Arms famous.
- Destroyable Cover: Keep your men moving and choose your cover wisely - simulated with real physics, weapons will damage, dent, scorch and destroy the world around you.